Saturday, May 23, 2009

Annyong haseyo!

Annyong haseyo!


Hello everyone! It's been almost two months since I came to Korea and I'm enjoying it here. I'm settling in, learning how to get around and to eat with chopsticks. The Korean food is really good, but also sometimes very spicy. I'm two weeks into my Korean language class; we're learning the Korean alphabet and I have a lot of vocabulary words to learn for the mid term on Monday.
Secret Garden, Changdeokgung Palace

Teaching is going well; I've been really busy. I teach a variety of levels from beginning students to very advanced, from 4th grade to middle school.

I've been able to travel some on the weekends. On the three day weekend I took the bus up to Seoul.
Changdeokgung palace, Seoul
















It was Buddha's birthday that weekend so the temples and streets were filled with lanterns.






Namsangol Hanok Village
There was a traditional village where children were playing traditional games, and there were displays of traditional clothing and old houses.


Tea House Courtyard, Insadong, Seoul
We went to several galleries where local artists display their work.

Tapgol Park



Jongo Tower, Seoul


We watched how these candies are made out of thin threads of flour and honey. Then they wrap peanuts, walnuts, or almonds inside. The finished candies look like cocoons. They are very good!




It was a real nice trip. It rained Saturday while I was at the palace, but Sunday was beautiful. The sky was blue, which I heard was rare for Seoul.

No comments:

Post a Comment